IMPORTANT NOTICE: This program will run from 9:00am to 1:00pm. Breakfast will be provided.
Bill 148 is bringing in sweeping changes to employment legislation that will affect all employers and employees in Ontario. We are pleased to present a half-day program that will explain in detail what these changes are and how to comply with them while minimizing the cost and disruption to your organization.
Topics to be covered:
- Changes to the Employment Standards Act, 2000 including:
- Minimum wage
- Public holiday pay
- Equal pay for equal work
- Scheduling of work and call-in pay
- Related employer provisions and new rules regarding employee classification
- Leaves of absence
- Changes to the Labour Relations Act including:
- Union certification
- OLRB interim orders
- Reinstatement of striking employees
- Union access to employee information
- First collective agreement mediation and mediation-arbitration
- Restructuring of bargaining units
- Successor rights
- Occupational Health and Safety Act provisions prohibiting employers from requiring employees to wear shoes with high heels.
Come join us on January 12, 2018 and get prepared for what’s coming with Bill 148.
Number of Seats -