IMPORTANT NOTICE: Register for all four parts of the webinar series for only $300 (a combined discount of $100). For more information on this valuable offer, or to register for all four programs, please contact [email protected] or call 416-862-1616.
Please join us for this fourth and final instalment of our four-part, Accommodation and Disability Management Webinar Series. The program will run from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. and includes an interactive Q&A period.
One of the most confusing issues for HR Professionals and employers is determining when it is appropriate to terminate the employment of a long-term disabled employee. This complex issue is fraught with legal risk and costly litigation consequences if it is not managed correctly. However, the unfortunate approach of many employers has been to simply ignore the issue which results in a number of employees remaining on the books who have not actively worked in years.
The Webinar Will Cover:
- What steps are required to legally prove that a disabled employee is not likely to return to work?
- What medical information is an employer entitled to?
- Is an employer required to pay full common law notice to a disabled employee who is terminated?
- Can a unionized employer rely on automatic termination clauses in collective agreements?
- Will the WSIB impose the new non-cooperation penalties against employers after the re-employment has closed?
- Does the referral of a worker to Work Reintegration (formerly Labour Market Re-Entry) allow the employer to terminate?
We look forward to having you join us!
(Program and content are not legal advice. Please contact our team to learn how we can help you meet your goals)
High speed internet connection; Speakers or telephone; PC-based attendees: Windows 7, Windows® 2000, XP Home, XP Pro, 2003 Server, Vista; Macintosh®-based attendees: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®) or newer
Number of Seats - 500