Occupational Health and Safety has emerged as one of the most significant legal compliance challenges for all employers, and in particular, for employers in industries such as construction, mining and manufacturing. To better serve our clients in this area we have a breadth of experience. We also have one of the leading occupational health and safety lawyers in Canada, who has been involved in successfully defending hundreds of prosecutions. Several of our lawyers also have significant experience in dealing with reprisal complaints, work refusals, and in assisting clients in responding to accident investigations.
In particular, we often are called on to assist clients with the following OH&S issues:
- OH&S training (management, supervisors and employees) and legal compliance analysis;
- OH&S policy review and development;
- Review and development of contractor management programs;
- Accident investigation and reporting (including preparation of mandatory ministry forms while preserving your interests);
- Appealing Ministry of Labour OH&S orders and representing employers charged under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Please contact anyone from our team for assistance.