Seminar & Events
Event: Solving the â€œSelf Servingâ€ Medical Notes Puzzle (First Instalment-Accommodation and Disability Management Webinar Series)
Seating capacity: 200
Cost: $ 100.00
Presenters: Ryan J. Conlin and Allison L. Taylor
Please join us for this first instalment of our four-part, Accommodation and Disability Management Webinar Series. The program will run from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. and includes an interactive Q&A period.
Accommodating employees with disabilities is one of the time consuming and legally complex issues facing HR professionals and employers. One of the frustrating aspects of the accommodation process for employers relates to the issue of medical notes. Employers often feel powerless to deal with a medical note which sets out restrictions which seem to have no relationship to the employee’s disability.
The Webinar Will Cover:
- A discussion of the medical information an employer is entitled to
- How to respond to medical notes which provide restrictions which do not appear to be related to the worker’s condition
- How to respond to medical notes which specify which mandate a specific position within the company
- Responding to medical notes requesting a specific schedule or hours of work
- Responding to questionable claims of total disability
- The role of independent medical assessments
Managing WSIB work suitability disputes
High speed internet connection; Speakers or telephone; PC-based attendees: Windows 7, Windows® 2000, XP Home, XP Pro, 2003 Server, Vista; Macintosh®-based attendees: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®) or newer