Seminar & Events
Event: How to Effectively Challenge a Fraudulent Disability Claim (Third Instalment-Accommodation and Disability Management Webinar Series)
Seating capacity: 200
Cost: $ 100.00
Presenters: Ryan J. Conlin and Allison L. Taylor
Please join us for this third instalment of our four-part, Accommodation and Disability Management Webinar Series. The program will run from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. and includes an interactive Q&A period.
Fraudulent disability claims create significant liabilities for employers, insurance companies and the WSIB. Employers who suspect that a claim is fraudulent often struggle with how to effectively to address without creating further legal problems for the company. It is critical that employers equip themselves with the knowledge of how to effectively navigate the legal minefield of fraudulent claims.
The Webinar Will Cover:
- Understanding the legal meaning of “fraud”
- The kind of evidence required to establish fraud
- Ensuring legal compliance with respect to surveillance
- How to address fraudulent WSIB claims
- The legal risks of making an inaccurate allegation of fraud
- Will a fraudulent disability claim always be “just cause” for termination
High speed internet connection; Speakers or telephone; PC-based attendees: Windows 7, Windows® 2000, XP Home, XP Pro, 2003 Server, Vista; Macintosh®-based attendees: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®) or newer