Seminar & Events
Event: Do Employers Have to Create a Job? (Second Instalment-Accommodation and Disability Management Webinar Series)
Seating capacity: 200
Cost: $ 100.00
Presenters: Ryan J. Conlin and Allison L. Taylor
Please join us for this second instalment of our four-part, Accommodation and Disability Management Webinar Series. The program will run from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. and includes an interactive Q&A period.
One of the most vexing questions employers face in the accommodation process is whether they are obliged to create a new position to accommodate a disabled employee and to what extent an accommodated position must be of value to the employer. It is not uncommon for employers to accommodate disabled in employees in position of little or no economic value for extended periods of time.
The Webinar Will Cover:
- The extent to which an employer has to “create” a position to temporarily or permanently accommodate a disabled employee
- Does the business benefit of any modified position have any legal impact?
- Can an employee insist on a particular accommodated position?
- Can an employee reject an accommodated position which is clearly within the employee’s ability of functional abilities?
- Are employers entitled to rely on WSIB decisions with respect to work suitability?
High speed internet connection; Speakers or telephone; PC-based attendees: Windows 7, Windows® 2000, XP Home, XP Pro, 2003 Server, Vista; Macintosh®-based attendees: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®) or newer