Jeff acts exclusively for employers, particularly in the manufacturing, construction, healthcare, and public sectors. His experience includes:
- guidance to businesses on how to conduct effective campaigns to remain union-free
- representing clients in collective bargaining
- acting on behalf of employers in grievance arbitration, Labour Relations Board litigation, and human rights complaints
- providing strategic advice and counsel with respect to termination of employment and other issues relating to downsizing
- representing employers before all levels of Court in Ontario, and before numerous employment-related tribunals
- providing strategic advice to clients on the labour and employment law issues in business sales and acquisitions
Jeff's goal is to assist clients in achieving their immediate and long-term objectives in an efficient and cost effective manner through rigorous and thoughtful problem solving. He frequently works with clients based in the United States. He has been a contributing editor to the Federated Press journal Management Rights. He speaks regularly on topics such as Managing in an Unionized Workplace, Maintaining the Union Free Workplace, Termination of Employment, Construction Labour Relations, and Workplace Privacy.
- Canadian HR Reporter, "Perils of Using Temporary Agency Workers," Carswell
- Canadian Nursing Homes, "Nursing Homes to be Found Liable for Abuse"
- Canadian Cases on Employment Law: "The Expanding Jurisdiction of Labour Arbitrators," Carswell
- "Issue Estoppel and Employment Insurance Adjudication,",Carswell (cited with approval by the Ontario Court of Appeal 24 C.C.E.L. (2d) 291)
- Lawyers Weekly, "Seven Steps to an Enforceable Employment Contract," Butterworths