Industries and Sectors
We represent and advise both management and boards for not-for-profit organizations. These include charities, special mission organizations and industry associations. Even though these organizations are not run to produce profit, they face unique H.R. and employment challenges that require a delicate balancing of the objects of the organization with their obligations as employers.
Our firm also provides pro bono legal assistance to select not-for-profit organizations and our lawyers are also actively involved as volunteers and members of boards.
We have assisted our not-for-profit clients:
- with developing and implementing human resources policies;
- by providing effective, practical advice and presentations to boards on labour and employment law issues;
- by providing day-to-day, strategic advice and counsel;
- by representing them when responding to demands from former employees and in wrongful dismissal and human rights litigation;
- in workers' compensation claims management and applications for cost relief (SIEF) and transfer of cost adjudication; and
- when defending charges under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Workplace Safety and Insurance Act.