Industries and Sectors
The Canadian manufacturing industry has been suffering from a strong dollar, foreign competition and natural disasters abroad. Stringer represents a number of manufacturing interests. We act for large trucking and automotive interests, including vehicle manufacturers, tier one suppliers and integrated service providers, as well as manufacturers servicing the clothing and textile, custom home supply, techonology and medical supply segments. Now, more than ever, those who have weathered the economic storm are constantly looking to find cost-efficiency while maintaining high industry standards.
We regularly assist our manufacturing clients:
- with developing and implementing human resources policies;
- by drafting template and executive employment contracts;
- by representing them at the table and providing strategic advice in collective bargaining, particularly when seeking significant concessions;
- in the context of restructuring, by providing practical and strategic legal and risk analysis on labour cost reduction and effective management of phased layoffs and reorganization;
- by representing them when responding to demands from former employees and in wrongful dismissal and human rights litigation;
- in workers' compensation claims management and applications for cost relief (SIEF) and transfer of cost adjudication; and
- when defending charges under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Workplace Safety and Insurance Act.