Industries and Sectors
Logistics & Supply-Chain
Logistics and supply-chain operations and management are the unsung heroes of our economy. In addition to representing outsource, logistics and supply-chain clientele, by working with our retail, manufacturing and tech-sector clients we have gained real insight into how mission critical logistics and supply-chain management is to their bottom line.
We have assisted our logistics and supply-chain clients:
- with developing and implementing human resources policies;
- by drafting template and executive employment contracts;
- by representing them at the table and providing strategic advice in collective bargaining, particularly when seeking significant concessions;
- in the context of restructuring, by providing practical and strategic legal and risk analysis on labour cost reduction and effective management of phased layoffs and reorganization;
- by representing them when responding to demands from former employees and in wrongful dismissal and human rights litigation;
- in workers' compensation claims management and applications for cost relief (SIEF) and transfer of cost adjudication; and
- when defending charges under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Workplace Safety and Insurance Act.