Industries and Sectors
Whether your organization is a hospital or a private long term-care facility, fiscal restraint is the order of the day. We work closely with our healthcare sector clientele to design and implement effective human resources policies and to take effective measures to keep labour costs under control while maintaining operational efficiencies and high standards of care and service.
We have assisted our healthcare sector clients:
- with developing and implementing human resources policies;
- by providing day-to-day, strategic advice and counsel;
- by representing them at the table and providing strategic advice in collective bargaining, particularly when seeking significant concessions and by representing them in interest arbitration when settlement is not forthcoming or not an option;
- by providng strategic legal advice through the grievance process and representing them at arbitration;
- by representing them when responding to demands from former employees and in wrongful dismissal and human rights litigation;
- in workers' compensation claims management and applications for cost relief (SIEF) and transfer of cost adjudication; and
- when defending charges under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Workplace Safety and Insurance Act.