Industries and Sectors
Financial & Professional Services
Our financial and professional services clients range from small firms to large institutions and include fund managers, financial advisors, consultancy firms and insurance companies. We assist with all aspects of their employee relationships including preparation of executive and employee contracts, H.R. policies and restructurings.
We also regularly advise and assist these clients with regard to non-traditional work relationships such as independent consultancy arrangements. Such arrangements, when structured properly, can provide greater flexibility for such firms and their people.
We have assisted our financial services clients:
- with human resources policy review and development;
- by advising on labour and employment issues on mergers, acquisitions and restructuring;
- in preparing employee and executive employment agreements, and providing representation in wrongful dismissal litigation;
- to implement and enforce confidentiality, non-solicitation and non-competition agreements, and defending clients in litigation and threatened litigation from competitors alleging breaches by former employees;
- in litigation at the Ontario Labour Relations Board (including applications for certification, common employer/sale of business applications, and more);
- in collective bargaining and arbitration;
- when managing and appealing workers' compensation claims; and
- by providing representation when defending charges under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Workplace Safety and Insurance Act.