Industries and Sectors
Construction is about getting the job done well, on time and on budget. That means you need the right people, with the right skills and experience, who you know you can count on. Our firm has been in the trenches with employers in the construction industry since our founding in 1966. We regularly advise and represent employers and employer associations in the construction industry:
- in litigation at the Ontario Labour Relations Board (including applications for certification, common employer/sale of business applications, and more);
- in collective bargaining and arbitration;
- with cross-border hiring of employees in a wide range of occupational groups, including inter-company and cross-border transfers under NAFTA and GATS;
- when managing and appealing workers' compensation claims;
- regarding health and safety and human resources policy review and development;
- regarding contract review and development to address labour relations, health and safety and workers' compensation issues; and
- providing representation when defending charges under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Workplace Safety and Insurance Act.
Whether bidding on a job, tendering for subcontractors, fighting off a union organizing drive or effectively operating with the unions that represent your employees, knowing where you stand legally ensures you have the right foundation on which to build a strong and profitable business.